With this range that contains 18 tones of writing inks for fountain pens and quills, Rohrer & Klingner continues an old tradition of ink production. Apart from classical tones (including two iron gall inks), several new colours are available, that have been developed for the primary purpose of calligraphy. On a traditional basis, the inks are produced with inter alia modern raw materials.
The inks of Rohrer & Klingner feature high-class, brilliant colourants, specially treated water and minimal amounts of additives. This well-balanced composition causes the optimal cappiliarity of the inks and the accordingly good writing conduct.
On most paper the ink adheres well and, according to its capillarity, quick. Each of the inks are treated with high quality, pleasant dyes, that feature both a high brilliance and a well-balanced intensity. The colours of the iron gall inks intensifies when it oxidises on the air; Hence, writings with those inks are considered permanent, the historical term being “archivally safe”.
The Rohrer & Klingner ink comes in glass ink bottles of 50ml.
The German based Rohrer & Klingner was founded in 1907 by Johann Adolf Rohrer junior and his partner Felix Arthur Klingner. Nowadays, already the fifth generation of employees maintains the firm’s long tradition of manufacturing ink. Following well established recipes, their products are made by hand, combining primarily natural binding materials with the respective colorants.
- Added lubricity for a smooth flow
- Elegant ink bottle with a screw top
- Can be used in any brand Fountain Pens
- 50ml Glass Ink Bottle
How to Refill Your Fountain Pen
1) First, prepare your fountain pen by removing the cap and unscrewing the nib to reveal the empty plunger.
2) Submerge the nib in ink. Either twist or slide the plunger to draw ink into the cartridge until it’s as full as you’d like.
3) Remove any air bubbles and ensure smooth ink flow by simply twisting or sliding the plunger to force out three drops of ink.
4) Use a soft cloth to wipe away any excess ink. Then, reassemble the pen and enjoy the luxurious thrill of writing with a fountain pen.